|| School of Computer and Communication Sciences
|| Laboratory for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
|| EPFL > IC > LCBB
Laboratory for Computational
Biology and Bioinformatics
Software listed below for download is software used in research
papers as indicated for each entry. These codes were not
developed as tools for the general community -- they are research
codes and as such do not have pretty interfaces or documentation
(other than the research papers that use them), nor are they
guaranteed to compile and run on platforms other than current
- Xiuwei Zhang, Maryam Zaheri, Bernard M.E. Moret. Using
phylogenetic relationships to improve the inference of transcriptional
regulatory networks, Proceedings of the First International Conference
on BioMedical Engineering and Informatics (BMEI2008), 1:186-193.
- Xiuwei Zhang and Bernard M.E. Moret. Boosting Inference of
Regulatory Networks Using a Phylogenetic Approach, Lecture Notes in
Computer Science (8th Workshop on Algorithms in Bioinformatics,
WABI2008), 5251: 245-258.
- The source code of refinement algorithms with extended network
evolution model which takes into account gene duplications and losses:
Download source code
- DomML - Ab initio prediction of protein domains based on maximum
likelihood. An online version is available here.
- FluRF - An automated flu virus reassortment finder based on phylogenetic trees:
Download source code
Ulhas Nair, Avinash Das Sahu, Philipp Bucher, Bernard M.E. Moret.
ChIPnorm: a statistical method for normalizing and identifying
differential regions in histone modification ChIP-seq libraries, PLoS ONE, 2012, Download source code.
Relevant output as modification sites can be seen in UCSC genome browser
- Nishanth Ulhas Nair, Yu Lin, Ana Manasovska, Jelena Antic, Paulina Grnarova, Avinash Das Sahu, Philipp Bucher and Bernard M.E. Moret, Study of cell differentiation by phylogenetic analysis using histone modification data, BMC Bioinformatics, 2014. Download source code.
- Nishanth Ulhas Nair, Laura Hunter, Mingfu Shao, Paulina Grnarova, Yu Lin, Philipp Bucher and Bernard M.E. Moret, A maximum-likelihood approach for building cell-type trees by lifting, Proc. 14th Asia-Pacific Bioinf. Conf. APBC'16, published in BMC Genomics, 2016. Download source code.
- ChIPnormSig method identifies significant regioned given histone modification ChIP-Seq data (when compared to a theoretically random distribution).
These significant regions may be used as peaks. Authors of program - Nishanth Ulhas Nair, Avinash Das Sahu, and Ana Manasovska. This code is a part of Nishanth Ulhas Nair's PhD thesis titled "Computational studies in epigenomics using histone modification data," EPFL, 2014. Download source code.
- TIBA: Tree Inference with Bootstrap Analysis